Sunday, June 19, 2016

Touches of Thanks

Happy Sunday...and Happy Father's Day to all the dads out there! My hubby is getting rightly spoiled today...I hope that you are taking time to honour the men in your life too! 
Today marks the start of a new colour challenge at Sunday Stamps. This one was a tough one for me, as it features colours I rarely use...



One of my favourite things to do with colour combinations I'm not comfortable working with is to just play and layer images in a collage...so that's what I did for my take on the challenge:


I can't even tell you how many different layers of images I put down on this card! I can tell you that I used images from the new Touches of Texture stamp set, as well as Timeless Textures, which is a carryover set from the last Occasions catty. I LOVE them both! Any stamp images that add texture and depth are at the top of my must-have list. I stamped the various images using the following ink colours: Soft Suede, Wild Wasabi, Pear Pizzazz, Wisteria Wonder and Perfect Plum. As I said above, I really couldn't say which images I stamped in what ink colours! I can say that I started with a 3"x4" piece of Very Vanilla card stock...you sure wouldn't know it, would you? I also added hints of copper, stamping some images in Versamark and heat embossing using the new copper embossing powder...LOVE that stuff! In fact, I love it so much, I used it to emboss a doily! Such an easy way to add more of a metallic accent.

The label and sentiment are from the Helping Me Grow set, which is another carryover from the Occations catty. I used a retired embossing folder called Perfect Print on my Kraft card stock background and then lightly brayered on Soft Suede ink to bring out the raise pattern. I built the entire card on a Pear Pizzazz card stock base. The only embellishments I added were some copper metallic thread behind the label, some burlap ribbon and a sweet little copper accent I created by heat embossing one of the White Perfect Accents.

On the inside I added a Very Vanilla panel on which I stamped several of the images I used in the collage on the front of the card.

Thanks for stopping by on this Father's Day...be sure to check out the rest of the Design Team's projects and then take this challenge for a test drive. Have a fabulous Sunday!


Product List
Heat Tool
[129053]
$40.00
Big Shot
[143263]
$136.00

1 comment:

  1. Leena, this is so pretty! I love the beautiful collage you created! The inside is gorgeous, too! Have a great week, My Friend! XX

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...