Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Fall in the air?

The past couple of days of cooler weather has me thinking of fall. Now, as much as I hate to see my summer holidays come to an end, I do SO love the colours of my favourite season, so I pulled out some new products from the Holiday Catalogue yesterday and had some fun...

I'll be featuring this card at an upcoming class next month that is all about paisley. Have you noticed how trendy paisley is this fall? The Petals and Paisleys Suite in the new Holiday Catalogue is right on-trend. Here, I used some of the gorgeous metallic copper-printed DSP as part of my background. I layered it on a piece of Cajun Craze card stock (which looks FANTASTIC with copper!) that I embossed using the Petal Burst TIEF. The focal image is comprised of several images from the Paisleys & Posies stamp set, which I heat embossed in copper and then coloured using Night of Navy, Cajun Craze and Delightful Dijon Stampin' Write markers. I'll bet you thought it was DSP, right?
I layered the stamped card stock on a scalloped square cut from Night of Navy card stock using the Layering Squares Framelits.


The sentiment is from the Suite Seasons stamp set and is also heat embossed in copper and coloured using markers. I used the Lots of Labels Thinlits to shape my label. I added some 3/8" Delightful Dijon ribbon, a die-cut copper accent, a little mini copper pinecone and some linen thread to complete this over-the-top card. I used the Paisley Framelits to die-cut the copper accent.

Because there was so much going on on the front of this card, I kept the inside simple and just stamped some of the paisley images from the Paisleys & Posies set in Cajun Craze and Night of Navy inks.

It isn't often that I create an over-the-top card, but it sure is fun when I do! Having lots of fabulous coordinating new products sure makes it easy!!

 Product List
Heat Tool
[129053]
$40.00
Big Shot
[143263]
$136.00

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...