Thursday, October 13, 2016

CAS Christmas

Today will be a quick post on a simple, CAS Christmas card I designed for a recent event. Check it out...


I love the modern look of this project, even though it uses traditional Christmas colours. I began by heat embossing the Merry Medley background stamp image in white on Basic Black card stock. I matted the embossed card stock on Cucumber Crush and then adhered it to a Real Red card stock base. I love the bold, graphic look of it.

 My wreath is constructed of two different die-cut pieces, cut from Cucumber Crush and Emeraly Envy card stock using the Swirly Scribbles Thinlits. I trimmed out some of the centre of the Cucumber Crush piece so it looked more wreath-like. The bow is die-cut from Real Red card stock using the Pretty Pines thinlits. The only embellishments on this card are the little silver metallic enamel dots on the wreath.

On the inside I added a Whisper White card stock layer on which I stamped the sentiment from the Christmas Messages stamp set (retired) in Basic Black ink. It's not often I use a retired stamp set in a class, but this sentiment worked so well with the chalkboard look on the front I couldn't resist!

Thanks for checking in today...have a great day :)


Product List
Heat Tool
[129053]
$40.00
Big Shot
[143263]
$136.00

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...