Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Dragon Fly Dreams Thanks

Well, I don't know about you, but I can't figure out how it is already Wednesday! Where has this week gone?? After an absolutely FANTASTIC weekend at the Stampin' Up! Canadian Business Conference I have been playing catch-up all week. Then there is the stack of marking, exams and looming report cards at school to deal with...this stamper is pooped!
Last week I promised to share the swaps I made for the conference. All of the swaps were organized and we made set samplers for each of the groups we participated in. My first sampler was for Dragon Fly Dreams...any surprise I chose that one? I so love that bundle! Here is the card I made for the swap:

One of the guidelines for this swap was that it had to feature the stamped images prominently on the design...it couldn't be all about the die-cuts. So, I used layers of the dotted background image from the stamp set to create my background panel. I began with a 3-3/4" x 5" piece of Whisper White card stock on which I stamped in Pool Party ink, stamping several times both full strength and stamped off. Then I layered on Bermuda Bay ink, once again stamping both full strength and stamped off. Over the stamped background panel I added a same-sized piece of vellum, embossed with the Softly Falling TIEF. I love the way the vellum softens the stamped background. Both of these pieces are adhered to a Smoky Slate card stock base.

To create my focal image, I layered a Lace Doily, a silver metallic doily and a piece of Pool Party card stock, die-cut using the Stitched Shapes framelits. The dragon fly is first stamped in Basic Gray with the wings coloured in Pool Party and Bermuda Bay. I die-cut both the stamped dragon fly and a detailed dragon fly in silver foil. I layered them and adhered them to the card stock circle. The sentiment is stamped in Basic Gray ink on Whisper White card stock. The only embellishments are a bit of silver metallic thread and a few rhinestones.


On the inside I added another card stock panel (4" x 5-1/4") on which I stamped the background image again in both Pool Party and Bermuda Bay inks, leaving space to write a heartfelt note.

Have I convinced you that you need this bundle yet? If not, don't worry...I still have until May to show you just how fantastic this stamp set and dies are! Stay tuned ;) Also be sure to check out my upcoming class featuring this bundle...you can read all about it on the Upcoming Classes and Events tab above.

Have a great day!




Product List
Big Shot
[143263]
$136.00

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! A big wow too! Thanks for the explanation of how you did the background--it sets a wonderful stage for the card. (Hang in there with school--it'll work out.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Susan. I can't wait for the lazy, carefee days of summer vacation! Five months to go!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...