Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Paisley Thanks

Happy Tuesday! I hope your week is off to a good start. This is a crazy one for me...so much happening both at school and with Stampin' Up! classes. I am getting my band ready to head to regionals for Musicfest Canada to try and qualify to repeat our National gold performance last spring. We have parents night on Wednesday but it feels like the semester just started! And, best of all, my bestie is coming for a visit this weekend! So much to do and sooo little time!
Today I have a project that was kind of a happy accident. I was working on projects for my upcoming card buffet and was down to a very limited number of ink colours remaining to design the final two cards. I pulled out the Paisleys and Posies stamp set (yep...it's still available!) and started stamping with various colours, thinking I would find a palette of two or three that I like together...this was the result and I love it! It uses SIX different ink colours!

Isn't that a cheerful, happy-making card? Here are the colours I used: Bermuda Bay, Island Indigo, Melon Mambo, Pumpkin Pie, Cucumber Crush and Basic Black. I just love the way they work together! This was the quickest, easiest card to pull together ever.

After stamping my background, I just added some Cucumber Crush think Baker's twine, as well as a sentiment from the One Big Meaning stamp set. I punched the stamped image with the 1-3/4" circle punch and layered it on a 2" circle in Basic Black. I love the way it pops against the colourful background. I do have to say I am seriously going to miss Cucumber Crush when it goes away in June! If you love it as much as I do be sure to order your card stock and reinker EARLY before it sells out!
The final touch on the front of the card was a few Brights Enamel Dots scattered amongst the stamped images.

On the inside I stamped more of the paisley images and left lots of space for a heartfelt message.  Super quick and simple and perfect for a card buffet!


Have a terrific week!


Product List

1 comment:

  1. This is seriously adorable! Bright, colorful, airy, happy....a smile maker perfect to say thank you. TFS

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...