Wednesday, August 9, 2017

A Musical Christmas

Happy Wednesday! I hope you are having a good week. I've been spending lots of time playing with my new Holiday Catalogue pre-order products and am I ever having fun! SO many fabulous ideas for classes this fall! Today I thought I'd share a little sneak peek with you....

This card makes my musician-heart just sing! ;) There are several music-themed products in the upcoming catalogue, so naturally I had to order them ALL! I used several of them on this vintage-inpired card. The background paper is from the Merry Music DSP pack. (You'll find this paper on page 13 of the new Holiday Catalogue) This pack is all black and white, so I sponged the paper with Crumb Cake and Soft Suede ink to make it look aged and worn. I also tore one side to make it look like it had been ripped from a songbook (not that I would EVER destroy perfectly good sheet music!) I also crumpled the DSP to add texture and interest.

The die-cut French horn is cut from gold foil using the new Musical Instruments Framelits. SOOO excited about those! The sentiment is heat embossed in gold using the coordinating Musical Season stamp set. (Both the stamps and dies are available in a discounted bundle on page 25...yippee!!)  The pine boughs behind the horn are cut from Always Artichoke and Garden Green card stock, using the new Christmas Staircase Thinlits. I think these dies are already my most-used from the new catty (you'll find them on page 6). The pine boughes make perfect accents and embellishments! The only embellishments on this card are some pearls that I coloured with an alcohol marker and some gold metallic thread.

On the inside of the card I added a Very Vanilla panel on which I stamped another sentiment in Soft Suede ink and the border image in Cherry Cobbler. Both are from the Musical Season stamp set.

I designed this card for a creative challenge I issued to my Tri-City Stampers team recently. We were to create a project using our least-favourite Stampin' Up colour. My least favourite colour is Always Artichoke. I find it very muddy and difficult to use, but, on this vintage-looking card, it totally works! Maybe I misjudged poor Always Artichoke...perhaps it's time to rethink its virtues ;)


If you are in Canada and don't currently have a demonstrator I would be happy to send you a copy of the new Holiday Catalogue. There are sooo many fabulous new products in there! Just send me a quick message and I'll get one in the mail to you lickety split so you'll have lots of time to make your wishlist before it goes live on September 1st.

Have a great day!


Product List
Heat Tool
[129053]
$40.00
Big Shot
[143263]
$136.00

4 comments:

  1. Hi Leena! This is absolutely gorgeous!! Great job-I love it! I'm wondering if you embossed the scroll design on the horn? Thanks for sharing this beautiful creation! Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Karen...thanks for your sweet comments. Yes, I did emboss the scrool design on the horn. I used the border stamp that comes in the Musical Season stamp set.

      Delete
  2. your Christmas cards are all beautiful; TFS!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...